Tuesday, April 24, 2007

20 weeks and 4 days

So we had our 20 week detailed ultrasound on Friday and found out that most likely we are having a baby girl! Funnily enough I always said I am okay with either gender but so far for some reason I was referring to the baby as a "he". So when the ultrasound tech said it is a girl - I couldn't believe it and I asked her "are you sure?" Can you pls check and confirm again?

But sure enough by the next day, I had happily started referring to my sweetypie as a "she". Its cute either way and it is still hard to believe that I actually have a human being inside me alive and kicking! BTW I must tell you that the human being looked really like an alien in the ultrasound :-) heehee!

Yesterday 3 days after the ultrasound, I felt flutters in my tummy after lunch and then again after dinner. I suspect these are the first kicks of my li'l girl finally telling me that she is in here - alive and kicking :-) I wish I could make my hubby feel them but they are not strong enough yet. I have to tell you though that her kicking made me feel really queasy in the tummy last night. So my hubby for the first time tried to calm our baby girl down and put her to sleep by patting on my tummy! What a precious moment! I wish I could lay there forever...in his arms that were gently stroking my belly and my baby to sleep...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You left a comment on my blog - D?